House Clearance in Ilford
Fun things about Ilford
- Louise Weener from Sleeper (the indie band) was from Gants Hill.
- Winston Churchill slept in the library of Woodford County High School.
- Noel Edmonds went to The Glade Primary School, dropped in quite literally a few years ago in a helicopter.
- Two trains with nuclear waste pass through Ilford every week!
- Ian Durie was at the Gants Hill cinema in 1978 when the floor collapsed.
- Paul Ince used to live in Ilford, Trevor Brooking went to Ilford County High School.
- Jenny Powell (Wheel of Fortune) went to Woodford County High
- The huge multinational photographic company (Ilford Imaging) started out here in Ilford! They were located where the Ilford Sainsbury’s is now.
- Barnardos, the charity for children is based in Barkingside.
- Ilford was mentioned in a Kelloggs Cornflake ad!! (as at 5/2/2001). It features a broadcast journalist on location who hasn’t had his cornflakes. Ive only heard it once on the radio, but Newsreader says something like: ‘And over we go to outside Ilford Town Hall’. The journalist replies ‘Ilford town hall? I thought you meant Guildford Town Hall’.
- Vincent Hitchcock, the first English Bullfighter in Spain
- (a.k.a. El Inglesi) went to school in Ilford.
- Jo from S Club 7 was a performer at Wild Jack Henry’s before she became famous.
- Nigel Benn, the former World Middleweight Boxing champ, is from Ilford. In fact I remember him being announced in some of his fights in Las Vegas as Nigel Benn fighting out of Ilford, England!!!
- Sean Maguire (as a child was in Grange Hill, as an adult was in Eastenders and Dangerfield, and then launched a brief pop career) came from Ilford. (thanks Angel)
- Maggie Smith, winner of 2 Oscars, 5 BAFTAs, 2 Golden Globes and 1 Emmy is from Ilford.
- Ted Blake was one of the first PE teachers to pick up on trampolining and subsequently became a global name in the trampolining world – he taught at Loxford School and one of his most successful students, (Pat Winkle) who went on to become British champion in 1963, was from Ilford as well. (thanks David)
What can EasyClear House Clearance do for you?
EasyClear are a fully insured, licensed and a highly experienced house clearance company. We provide an environmentally sensitive service where we recycle and re-use where ever possible. Where that isn’t possible we ensure that we dispose of your rubbish legitamately and carefully.
We operate locally in Ilford providing house clearance, garden clearance and a full range of contract service for offices and businesses. We offer a worry free contents appraisel which includes professional valuation of antiques, quality collectables and second hand furniture.
Understanding our customer needs and what the customer expects in order to provide the very best bespoke service, has made EasyClear the outstanding clearance provider. With our Ilford house clearance and rubbish removal, EasyClear has a reputation for strong business ethics, combined with an awareness of today’s customers needs.
Call us anytime of the day or night 0800 58 78 783 (mobiles call 0208 773 2000)