House Clearance in Capel
Capel, or Ewekerne
The ecclesiastical parish of Capel lies in the Weald just north of the Surrey/Sussex border. Until the 19th century it included the small villages of Beare Green and Coldharbour. The A24 used to pass through its main street but it is now bypassed. At Domesday in 1086, the settlement formed the southern part of the Manor of Dorking.
The church was built in the 12th century as a chapel of ease attached to Dorking thus giving the village its present name. Before
House Clearance in Henley Park
Henley Park with links to Normandy
Although the main thread in our story is the transition of Normandy from a small agricultural hamlet to a dormitory village, there has been a certain amount of industry based here. The village has even boasted such exotic activities as an imitation jewellery factory at Vaglefield Farm in the 1940s, but this did not last very long after local villagers complained about it.
The local history of Vokes, probably the largest employer in Normandy, goes
House Clearance in Camberley
Camberley, in part home to the Royal Military Academy
The town is situated on the Surrey border with Berkshire and Hampshire, 31 miles south-west of central London in the corridor between the M3 and M4 motorways. The Royal Military College arrived in the area in 1802 becoming the Royal Military Academy in 1947. Most of the Academy is in Berkshire.
A settlement known as Yorktown grew up around the gates of the College. Expansion came with the arrival of the Staff College in 1820
House Clearance in Callow Hill
Callow Hill and Doctor Who
Callow Hill was used for a number of episodes of Doctor Who, including ‘The Gunfighters’ and the Savages. In fact the same sandpit was used for episodes of Blakes 7. Sadly this now historical film location no longer exists.
What can EasyClear House Clearance do for you?
EasyClear are a fully insured, licensed and a highly experienced house clearance company. We provide an environmentally sensitive service where we recycle and re-use where ever
House Clearance in Byfleet
Byfleet, a forest with plenty to feed the hogs
The village of Byfleet has a long and rich history, which can come as a surprise, as on the surface Byfleet looks like a fairly modern commuter town. But beneath the surface and around various corners there is a great story to be discovered. Evidence of Bronze Age settlements has been found at Brooklands and ancient iron-smelting equipment has been found at Wisley pumping station, showing that the area has been inhabited for
House Clearance in Busbridge
Busbridge, wonderful lakes and Wildfowl centre
Busbridge is a village and civil parish in the borough of Waverley in Surrey. It has a population of 758. It forms part of the Waverley ward of Bramley, Busbridge and Hascombe. Busbridge Church is a growing evangelical church that runs four Sunday Services in Busbridge and numerous activities during the week. On a Sunday over 200 young people and children attend their youth and children’s work. Busbridge Lakes is a grade 2 heritage
House Clearance in Burstow
Burstow is a country parish on the Sussex border
The church is 7 miles south-east of Reigate, and about 2 miles south-south-east of Horley Junction. It is bounded on the north and east by Blechingley, on the east by Horne, on the south by the county of Sussex, on the west by Horley, a detached part of Horne, and Nutfield. It measures about 6 miles from north to south, and is about 1 mile broad at the north and 2 miles at the southern part. It contains 4,750 acres.
The soil is the
House Clearance in Burrowhill
Burrowhill, near Chobham and Sunningdale
Burrowhill the neighbourhood of the north of the village broken up from the village centre by Wishmore Cross School but is linked to it by two residential roads, one of which is a local through road from Chobham to Sunningdale.
What can EasyClear House Clearance do for you?
EasyClear are a fully insured, licensed and a highly experienced house clearance company. We provide an environmentally sensitive service where we recycle
House Clearance in Burpham
Extracted from Michael Drakefords Book A history of Abbotswood, Burpham
Long before Christianity, much worked flint from the Stone Age was deposited around the area where the Guildford fire station is at Ladymead. There is yet further evidence of very early history on Weylea Farm. The River Wey was very slow running and the land beside it in the valley was marshy and susceptible to frequent flooding. This will have meant that the nearest dry land was on the higher slopes at the western
House Clearance in Burnt Common
Burnt Common, not far from Woking
Burnt Common is a community close to Send in Surrey. Adjoining Send Marsh. The nearest shopping centre is Woking about 3 miles away.
What can EasyClear House Clearance do for you?
EasyClear are a fully insured, licensed and a highly experienced house clearance company. We provide an environmentally sensitive service where we recycle and re-use where ever possible. Where that isn’t possible we ensure that we dispose of your rubbish legitamately
House Clearance in Burgh Heath
Remembering in Burgh Heath
George Cole was the new Curate in charge of St. Mary’s Church from 1919, and one of his first tasks was to plan a suitable memorial to the men of Burgh Heath who lost their lives in the Great War. The residents of Burgh Heath, unlike those in Banstead, opted not for a stone memorial but for a village hall. Hence the War Memorial Hall was built opposite the village green.
The Hall was built on land donated by the Colman family, (of Colman’s
House Clearance in Buckland
Buckland, small is beautiful
Buckland is an attractive village parish recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. The Parish boundary is 2 miles from north to south, and about 1.5 miles east to west. Buckland is the eastern most parish in Mole Valley with around 250 homes and a population of c.600.
Buckland’s village green and pond are at the heart of the parish’s Conservation Area and the North Downs escarpment in Buckland is within the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding
House Clearance in Brookwood
Brookwood, to die for
For nearly 90 years, from 1854 to 1941, the London Necropolis and National Mausoleum Company ran funeral trains transporting coffins and mourners from London Waterloo to its two private stations in Brookwood Cemetery near Woking, Surrey.
Today that Victorian-sounding company is no more and Bookwood Station attracts commuters rather than funeral parties, with the fastest journey time between Brookwood and London Waterloo a mere 36 minutes. The station is so busy
House Clearance in Brook
Brook, on the Green Sands Way
Brook is a hamlet in the Waverley district in south-west Surrey. It is in the far west of Wormley, beyond Sandhills with which it avoids being contiguous due to a narrow, partly woodland buffer. Brook straddles the A286 single carriageway road between Milford and Haslemere.
On slightly lower slopes of the Greensand Ridge than to the south, Brook is almost wholly within the Surrey Hills area of outstanding natural beauty.
What can EasyClear House
House Clearance in Brockham
Brockham, a hamlet by a brook
Brockham was originally named ‘Brook Ham’ from the establishment of a small hamlet on the River Mole (no more than a ‘brook’ in those days perhaps). General distortion and colloquilisation over the years, along with a tenuous link with badgers commonly known as a Brock – being the ancient name for the animal – in the local area have resulted in the modern day version of the name which was first officially used in about
House Clearance in Bramley
Bramley, plenty to explore
The parish of Bramley situated in the Borough of Waverley in the south-east corner of the UK, covers about 10 sq miles of some of the most beautiful countryside in Surrey, much of it in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Most of the 3,300 population live in Bramley village, which lies about 3 miles south of Guildford on the A281 main road from Guildford to Horsham.
The village itself is in a conservation area and is blessed with a
House clearance in Box Hill
Box Hill, one for the bucket list
A view that stretches for 26 miles. That is a pretty impressive statement, one that can only really be confirmed if you have seen and marvelled at it yourself. Aged 11, sat on Boxhill, I spent a whole hour watching the planes at Gatwick take off with hypnotic regularity whilst basking in the sun surrounded by wild flowers and butterflies. An affection for the beautiful British countryside started that day!
Box Hill on a clear day is glorious and very
House Clearance in Bowlhead Green
Bowlhead Green is part of Thursley
A church has existed here since 1030, the original building being largely Saxon, and in 1927 two small windows of this period complete with timber frames were uncovered. A large 15th century timber cage of posts, ties and braces within the main structure of the church supports the bell housing and turret. The Sailor’s Stone in the churchyard commemorates a man murdered in 1786 by three villains who were subsequently hanged, on the nearby Gibbet
House Clearance in Bookham
Bookham or Boc-ham
Centuries before the Norman Conquest, much of Bookham (Boc-ham, the settlement at the beech trees) had been given to Chertsey abbey by a Saxon ruler of Surrey. Both Great and Little Bookham, like many other villages on this side of the North Downs, are sited along the narrow band of fertile sandy gravel soils between the open chalk grassland (once colonised by beech woods, then largely
cleared by grazing animals) and the heavy oakwood clays
House Clearance in Blindley Heath
BLINDLEY-HEATH, a chapelry in Godstone parish
Surrey; near the Southeastern railway, S of Godstone station, and 5¾ miles N by W of East Grinstead. It has a post office under East Grinstead. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £173.* Patron, the Vicar of Godstone. There is a national school.
What can EasyClear House Clearance do for you?
EasyClear are a fully insured, licensed and a highly
House Clearance in Bletchingley
The charming village of Bletchingley
Which is of medieval origin is well worth discovering. It is located on the A25 between Redhill and Godstone and only six minutes from junction 6 of the M25. 2 main line train stations are located within 6 miles of the village with direct access through to London and other destinations. Its historic centre contains many attractive listed buildings. Part of the village is located within the green belt. The wide High Street
House Clearance in Blackwater
Blackwater with it’s beautiful valley
Blackwater is a small town on the borders of Surrey and Hampshire, but post coded Surrey, despite mostly being in Hampshire. Though mainly residential 1960s and late Victorian buildings, Blackwater is worth a visit for the beautiful Blackwater Valley with its 23 mile long path through many wildlife habitats and woodland.
This is known among anglers to be one of the best coarse fishing regions in England , with the river and gravel pit lakes
House Clearance in Blackheath
The hundred of Blackheath
Bounded on the north by Woking, on the west by Godalming, on the east by Wotton, and on the south by the county of Sussex.
Tyting, in St. Martha’s parish, was in Woking Hundred in 1086 and subsequently, (fn. 2) but is now counted as in Blackheath. In 1086 three virgates (rated) of Gomshall were in Wotton Hundred, not in Blackheath, but as Gomshall was ancient demesne, and the tenants were quit of all sheriffs’ courts, it made little
House Clearance in Bisley
Bisley, the rifle range is on military ground
This village is famous for the National Rifle Association championships which moved here in 1890. The competition is hosted by the NRA on the Bisley Ranges which is Ministry of Defence land and is also the base of the Royal Logistics Corps. Bisley has hosted shooting events for the 1908 Olympic Games and the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Bisley is a village about 4 miles north-west of Woking.
It was originally served by a railway line from
House Clearance in Betchworth
Betchworth, L shaped?
This L-shaped parish, with the village in the north part, is situated south of the main Reigate-Dorking road (A25). The parish has always been crossed by east-west routes but the form of the village has been most influenced by the north-south route off the Downs at Pebble Coombe.
The village grew as a tight cluster of buildings around the church at the north side of the river crossing, closely related to the Betchworth House estate. Henry
House Clearance in Beare Green
Beare Green, after the late Walter de la Bere
Taking its name from Walter de la Bere, a local landowner in the 13th century, the original hamlet of Beare Green lay in a boggy woodland area where wild boar ran freely, four miles south of Dorking. With its area stretching from north of Capel village to , bounded by Newdigate to the east and to the west, the small community literally surrounded the village green. The present settlement called ‘Beare Green’ owes its current
House Clearance in Badshot Lea
Badshot Lea Long Barrow
A Neolithic (4000 – 2200 BC) Long Barrow, at Badshot Lea, was discovered in 1936 in a quarry, unfortunately partly destroyed. It was originally a burial chamber about 47 metres long.[What Badshot Lea may have looked like: Belas Knap long barrow, Gloucestershire Image: Adam Stanford, Archaeology Safaris Ltd]
What Badshot Lea may have looked like: Belas Knap long barrow, Gloucestershire Image: Adam Stanford, Archaeology Safaris Ltd
The remains were
House Clearance in Ashtead
Ashtead, homestead among the ash trees
A village in Surrey (Old English “Suthrige” or “Suthrea”: south [of] river [Thames], Saxon “Sudergeona”: southern region) in England. It lies about 18 miles south of London; between Epsom and Leatherhead, not far from the Epsom Race Course. Ashtead is very close to junction 9 of the M25 (London orbital Motorway) and has good rail connections to London, Guildford and Horsham. Ashtead is recognised as comprising ‘the
House Clearance in Ashford
Ashford, almost all in Surrey
Sometimes referred to as Ashford, Middlesex to distinguish it from the larger town of Ashford, Kent, since 1965 when Middlesex County Council was dissolved the town’s wards are officially in Ashford, Surrey and for example the current railway services provider uses the present or past county variously throughout its stations and trains. A leading gymnastics club, HMP Bronzefield and one of the sites
House Clearance in Ash Vale
Ash Vale, quite close to Guildford
The village of Ash Vale is situated on the westerly edge of the Guildford district in Surrey, in Ash Parish, just a few miles from Farnborough. The Basingstoke Canal cuts west to east where Ash and Ash Vale meet, whilst the River Blackwater runs north to south, feeding the lakes and fisheries of Ash Vale and Mytchett.
The village is centred on Ash Wharf and a parade of shops, the small village centre bursting with colour from the hanging baskets and
House Clearance in Ash Green
Ash Green, two manors
There is no mention of a mill under Henley in Domesday Book, but it is certain that a mill existed at Ash from comparatively early times, for in 1322 the Abbot of Chertsey ordered a new windmill to be built at Ash. Windmills were comparatively new in England then, and it may have been in place of a small water-mill of earlier date. There seems no later record of it.
The two manors existed. Ash (Esche, 7th century; Asshe, Assche, 14th century) shares with the
House Clearance in Artington
Artington, in the Parish of St Nicholas
The parish of St. Nicholas, Guildford, contains 2,693 acres. It is for the greater part of its eastern side bounded by the Wey, on the left bank of which it lies. A great part of the parish is in the borough of Guildford, and part has always been in the borough, so far as is known. But the rural part of the parish has always been in Godalming Hundred, and the parish, 3 miles north to south, 2 or 1½ miles east to west, was originally a rural
House Clearance in Alfold
Alford, home to St Nicholas Church
Alfold is a village in south west Surrey situated on the Surrey/Sussex border with a population of around 1050. The village is set in an area of remote rural wooded countryside with many footpaths, tracks and bridleways through Forestry Commission land and along the Wey and Arun Canal. The St Nicholas church in the centre of the village is one of the oldest in the area, some records claiming its existence as long ago as 1100. Adjacent to the church are
House Clearance in Albury
Albury, Little London too
The Parish of Albury, Surrey, includes the village of Albury and Little London, Brook, Farley Green and Newlands Corner. There are approximately 460 dwellings and 887 residents in the Parish as well as a Post Office, two public houses, 4 churches and a Village Hall. There are a number of local businesses, details of which can be found on this website.
Much of the Parish is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and this website is intended to
House Clearance in Addlestone Moor
Addlestone Moor, not a lot to say
Addlestone is a town in the Runnymede Borough of Surrey, England. Immediate surrounding towns and villages include Weybridge, Ottershaw, Chertsey, New Haw and Walton-on-Thames. It is near Junction 11 of the M25 motorway and is served by Addlestone railway station. The M25 motorway bisects the town. There is only one bridge over the motorway so other road such as Liberty Lane were divided into two roads: Liberty Rise and Liberty Lane. The main road
House Clearance in Addllestone
Addlestone, very close to Weybridge
Addlestone is a town in the Runnymede Borough of Surrey, England. Immediate surrounding towns and villages include Weybridge, Ottershaw, Chertsey, and New Haw. It is near Junction 11 of the M25 motorway and is served by Addlestone railway station on the Chertsey Branch Line. The M25 motorway passes to the west of the town, and cut some roads into two when built; so roads such as Liberty Lane turned into Liberty Rise and Liberty Lane.
The main road
House Clearance in Abinger
Abinger, a little history
Situated in the Tillingbourne Valley below Hackhurst Downs where the valley bottom has begun to broaden, Abinger Hammer sits astride the main road (A25) about 6 miles west of Dorking.
There was an iron forge here and the iron mill was the second oldest in Surrey in records of 1557 and was the last Surrey forge to be rated as ‘iron works’ down to 1797. Some masonry from the sluice gates remains. The associated pond was fairly large and although now